As part of the requirements and to ensure that only eligible graduates who pass through duly accredited full-time courses are mobilized to serve the country through the National Youth Service Corps, the NYSC Management is collaborating with relevant regulatory bodies of the respective Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs) – the National Universities Commission (NUC) for Universities and degree awarding institutions and the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) for Mono/Polytechnics as well as the entry admission examination body- Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). It is necessary you know the GUIDELINES FOR MOBILIZATION OF GRADUATES INTO NATIONAL SERVICE.

It is expected that all the data of all prospective corps members are submitted for mobilization by their respective institutions. These data are subjected to screening for conformity with the requirements of these regulatory/examination bodies. To this regards, all prospective corps members whose admissions status are not recognised to JAMB will be deemed to be improperly admitted. The admission status of such students will require the affected CPIs to regularise same with JAMB.

In the same vein, all Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs) have been instructed to abide by the extant admission quota approved by the NUC and NBTE respectively in making a submission for mobilization. Any submission in excess of quotas approved will not be accepted. Graduates of courses not duly accredited by these regulatory bodies will not be mobilized for service. This is the most reason why it is very mandatory you ensure the course you are pursuing is accredited by these regulatory bodies.

To emphasis further, the regularization of admissions with JAMB is the duty of the Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs), just as the confirmation of approved admission quota for each course and the determination of their accreditation status is the prerogative of the regulatory bodies – NUC and NBTE

As students of the Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs), you need to meet all the requirements stipulated by your institution for you to be mobilized. It’s the reponsibility of your institution to mobilize you and forward your names to the appropriate quarters.

Things you need to meet before mobilization.

  • You must be dully admitted into an accredited institution to study your desired course.
  • You must ensure that your name is in Jamb matriculation list. To check that CLICK HERE. Provide your Jamb Examination year and your Jamb Registration number then click on Fetch my Details. Your name is in the Jamb matriculation list if you receive a congratulatory message.
  • You must have registered and passed all the required course for your course of study.
  • You must have paid all you school fees.
  • You must have gone through a screening process by your institution to ascertain that your credentials are correct.
  • You must have carried out a research project in your final year in partial fulfilment for the requirement of the award of your respective certificate.
  • You must have carried out a clearance exercise in all the departments which may include; your department, faculty, library, bursary, students’ affair division, etc
  • The final senate list must have been posted at the general students’ notice board for confirmation.

NOTE: Your institution might have other requirement you need to meet before mobilization. It is necessary to be dully informed so that you will not fall a victim of not being mobilized.

It has become expedient to bring this information to the attention of the general public for necessary ACTION. Go through the above GUIDELINES FOR MOBILIZATION OF GRADUATES and smile tomorrow.


Please do well to make a donation to Abestring to help in the research and publication of great contents. CLICK HERE TO DONATE.



Minimum payable amount NGN 1
* are compulsory

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.