So many persons do not know the meaning of re-mobilization. To some, it sounds so strange. Here is a guide to educate you on Re-mobilization processes. This is to also notify all affected corp members that NYSC REMOBILIZATION FOR BATCH ‘C’ 2019 IS ONGOING and will end on Wednesday 19th February 2020.

Who should be re-mobilized?

  • Remobilization is meant for those who after registration at the CAMP or after being posted to a PPA (place of primary assignment) absconded and didn’t complete the service year.
  • Have it at the back of your mind that there may also be an option for corp members who were sent out of camp for participating in sexual activities or gambling, smoking, fighting. I am only certain about the first option.

If after the period of 90 days to 110 days, you failed to report at your PPA, you would be declared as ABSCONDED CORP MEMBER.

How do you Apply for NYSC Remobilization?

On the average, it takes the NYSC state secretariat about 5 months to declare a corp member as absconded and notify the main headquarters. This is because the LGI, ZI and State Coordinator will have to verify that you have absconded.

If you absconded immediately after camp without collecting any allowance (other than the ones paid at the camp) good for you. If you absconded from service after receiving an allowance outside the camp, you will be required to refund it. The steps to apply for Remobilization is quite stressful though.

You will have to make sure you have been declared as absconded corp member else you can go back and continue service with Extension of service. If you have been reported as an absconded corp member and remobilized, you will be posted to an entirely different state for service.

To apply for Remobilization;

1. You will need to report at the NYSC secretariat of the state you were previously posted to. (this is going to be painful tho if it is far from you).

2. At the NYSC secretariat, locate the Office of Corps Discipline and Reward. Inform them that you want to apply for remobilization and that you are there for “LETTER OF DECISION“.

If the state officials haven’t sent their letter of decision to Abuja, you are lucky and will be given the option of returning to service with extension for the number of days missed. If they have submitted their decision, the head of the department will check if the National Headquarters have sent a remobilization decision.

If the National Headquarters have not sent it, you really have to wait for some months. The Letter of decision usually takes about 3 months to be sent from Abuja (except you somehow manage to influence the speed, maybe by divine intervention). If there is a letter of decision, you are very lucky if not, there is no other option than to go back home and return some other time.

3. Go to your bank (the one you registered for collection of ‘Allowee’) and request for Bank Account Statement. This will serve as proof that you either received an allowance or not. If you did not receive any allowance outside the camp, go to the next step. If you did, calculate how much NYSC paid into your account and refund via REMITA.ADVERTISEMENTS

4. To refund via REMITA, go to a CYBER CAFE and inform them you want to make REMITA payment to the TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT under NYSC, or log on to remita.net on your device and select Personnel Cost as Purpose of Payment (you can go on to verify this by heading to the Accounts department of the State NYSC and asking for directions on how to refund allowance).

Print out the RRR number generated .

Visit the nearest bank and proceed to make payment using the generated RRR number and make about four photocopies of the Teller, Remita payment slip and Account Statement as proof.

5. Present this Account Statement  (and proof of payment in case you refunded allowee) at the Corps Discipline and Reward office. Here, you will be asked to write a letter to the DG informing Him of your willingness to return to service. The Head of Corps Discipline and Reward will guide you on how to do that.

6. The next step is that you will be sent to the ICT office to submit the documents alongside a copy Letter of Decision.

7. Then you go home and wait for the remobilization portal to open (usually a week after camp). Go to NYSC portal, click on remobilization,

Select the option with  “click here if you registered online and in camp” and log in.

If you see a successfully remobilized message, you can proceed to print remobilization slip on your dashboard and also a Certificate of remobilization.

8. Visit the NYSC secretariat of the new state you have been posted to and begin serving immediately. Usually, when remobilized, you will only serve for 11 months.


  • In the case that your letter of decision has not been sent, you can go ahead to do the next step of getting your statement of account and refund the allowance if any (excluding whatever you received at the camp). This will help to speed things up once you get the letter of decision.
  • Mind you, the only way to know if your letter of decision has been sent is by visiting the office of Corps Discipline and Reward at the state headquarters of the state you were posted to.
  • Unless you have your way of communicating with the officials involved, be prepared for transportation costs.

If you have any questions or suggestion don’t forget to leave it at the comment box below.


Please do well to make a donation to Abestring to help in the research and publication of great contents. CLICK HERE TO DONATE.



Minimum payable amount NGN 1
* are compulsory

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.